How can I check my Tax refund and Tax Deposited to Government?
If you have paid higher tax to the government in the last year (previous year ) i.e. Financial Year 2019-20 then you can claim a refund amount by filing your Income-tax return. Higher taxes are paid when the advance tax, self-assessment, or tax deducted at source (TDS) is more than their tax liability, during the financial year.
The Refund amount is sent to the taxpayer either by issuing a cheque / Demand draft or by direct credit refund amount into their account via NEFT / RTGS sending it to the taxpayer’s registered address in an income tax return.
Do make sure that you have filled in the correct bank account details while filing your Income Tax Return as the refund amount will be credited to this account.
On the TIN NSDL website:
Refund amount status is available on the website 10 days after the refund has been sent by the department to the bank, i.e., State Bank Of India
This is how you can check the status of your income tax return refund here:
Simply click on this link https://wa.me/919321908755?text=REFUND to Know your refunds status directly from WhatsApp.
What the status message means:
- Refund Status – Expired: This means that the refund cheque received by you was not deposited in the bank within the stipulated period. In such a scenario, a taxpayer is required to submit ‘refund re-issue request’ on the e-filing portal for the refund.
- Refund Status – Refund Returned: A cheque or demand draft can get returned because you have given the wrong address or your house was locked.In such a scenario, a taxpayer is required to submit ‘refund re-issue request’ on the e-filing portal for the refund.
- Refund Status – Adjusted against outstanding demand of year: In that case current year refund is adjusted against outstanding demand of the last year
- ECS refund advice received but not reflected in your bank account: It may so happen that you have received an email or message from State Bank Of India with the details of the refund amount credited into your given bank account number.
- Refund Status – Refund Dispatched but not received: It means the Income Tax Department has dispatched the refund through speed post but it is not received yet.
- Refund Status – Refund Processed through direct credit mode but failed: It means refund credit to an account maintained with SBI but failed due to incorrect account details, so please submit a “refund re-issue request”
- Refund Status- Refund processed through NECS/ NEFT mode but failed: It means refund credit failed due to incorrect Account details, so please submit a “refund re-issue request” with correct details.